If you live in China, you might be familiar with shopping from Taobao. However, there is no English version for the people who cannot understand Chinese. Google Translator or Taobao English may help in this. Firstly, you should have a Chinese mailing address, credit card, email address and phone number. This article will center towards using credit cards and we would suggest you to use Google Chrome to translate the website.
The Signing Up
Simply make an account, give in your details at Round the clock mall, fill the CAPTCHA code and you are done. You will have to verify with your email address as well.
Now on the main page, search for any product you want to buy. Try to get familiar with the website and you can also find world renowned brands there as well. English search terms easily work there, if Google Translator does not work. Try to see whether the seller accepts credit card payment or not and Taobao English translation through Google Translator always helps in these situations.
- You will have to calculate the shipping charges according to your country by choosing the home province just below the price.
- The right panel includes vital information of the seller, especially rating and chat status.
- Gold crowns are the best, silver crowns are trustable, diamond ones are okay and the heart ones are risky.
- You will also be able to see the seller attitude, delivery speed and the description of the product.
- The blue icon blinking shows the seller is online and you can speak to the seller directly.
- You can ask as many details as you want to.
- Dependable sellers on Taobao English are always active and easily reachable.
- You can check the glossary to choose the items according to size, color and with bundle options as well.
- You must see how many times the product was sold and can judge from customer reviews as well.
On The Checkout
VPN users should deactivate it to keep your shopping cart and checkout procedure stable. Simply add the items in your cart and a window will pop up to ask whether you wish to check out instantly. If you do not, simply ignore the pop up and continue shopping and go to the cart at the top in the side.
The Taobao Cart
On the Taobao English cart page, check the items you are buying. You can check the Taobao items again, for example, their ratings, product details, merchant stats, and all the recently added items you have included. Click on the orange button on the bottom left to go to the checkout page. Then, you will be requested to add your personal information to finalize your order. Most of the information will be already there if you are already a buyer, so you won’t have to re-enter your information. Once the order has been confirmed, sit back relaxed for your parcel to reach you but keep in mind that your parcel may arrive after 12 days.