A leading set of barrister’s chamber can be considered as Essex Court chamber, specialized in commercial and financial litigation, arbitration and even public law, also public international law. The recognized specialists of Essex Court chambers are experts in all areas of commercial law, handling issues covering the full spectrum of the business and financial world that includes banking and finance, civil fraud, corporate & offshore, insurance & reinsurance, energy trade, shipping, revenue and employment.
Members of Essex court chambers are exceptionally talented and have the reputation of top-class advocacy and client-oriented approach. A chamber consists of individual barristers and also a number of qualified advocates and they retained by opposing sides in the same dispute, both in litigation and arbitration with protocols for maintaining the confidentiality. Individual barristers also appear in front of other members like deputy judge or arbitrator and act on opposing side.
Experts in Various Areas
- Banking and Financial services
- Civil fraud and asset tracing
- Company and insolvency law
- Human rights and civil liberties
- International trade, transport and commodities
- Media, art and entertainment
- Professional negligence
- Regulatory law and investigations
- Revenue law
- Unjust enrichment and restitution claims
- Ship sale & ship construction disputes
Clients and Instructors
Commercial and individual clients worldwide such as major corporations, financial institutions and funds, government bodies, states and private clients are advised and represented by the members. Solicitors from domestic and overseas firms often instruct the members under the Licensed Access Scheme.
Legal services provided by Essex Court
Essex court chambers Duxton comprised leading barristers in the fields of litigation, arbitration and mediation and they provide advice and assistance in the following areas:
- Litigation and arbitration: It includes legal advice and practical assistance in various stages of disputes such as assist with the preparation for case (includes inter-party correspondence), pleadings, written submissions, trials and hearings, oral arguments, cross examination.
- Advice and drafting: Delivering legal advice trough a formal written opinion or orally via telephone or in person. Drafting of various commercial agreements and terms can be assisted by the members if instructed.
- Mediation & expert evidence
Essex court chamber is an unincorporated association structured by self-employed exclusive practitioners with personal reputations and the strong profile and recognized management abilities of the chamber compliments the individual’s significance.
Barristers at Essex court chamber Duxton are registered with the Bar Standards Board and they have the ability for handling legal issues in Singapore and in international grounds as well. Professional liability insurance is being maintained by all the Singapore members according to applicable regulations.
The Essex court chambers barristers can only act on particular matter or case, as individual lawyers while instructed by one of the following:
- A solicitor
- A qualified foreign lawyer or
- An authorized licensed client, approved under the Bar standards Board’s Licensed Access Recognition Regulations
Essex court chambers provides equality of opportunity without being concerned about race, color, origin, nationality, sex, age, disability religion or belief and even political persuasion. The members go through equality and diversity training sessions regularly which is conducted by external specialist advisers.